A hip, no-holds-barred guide to combining the joy of sex with the joy of motherhood.
Just because you're a mother, or about to become one, doesn't mean you have to kiss your sex life good-bye. Finally, here's a unique guidebook that offers practical advice on honoring your sexuality throughout every stage of motherhood. Honest, humorous, and reassuring, The Mother's Guide to Sex delivers comprehensive information about sex and parenting, including recommendations from medical experts, sex experts, and the best experts of all -- hundreds of other mothers, whose candid anecdotes and suggestions will support, encourage, and inspire you to explore your maternal sexuality. As they sound off about the ebb and flow of desire, conflicting feelings about how their bodies have changed, the challenges they face in renegotiating their relationship with their sexuality, and more, you'll realize that you're not alone in your yearning to combine motherhood and a good sex life. You'll learn:
- how motherhood makes you a better lover
- how to enjoy healthy, safe sex during pregnancy and the postpartum period
- what factors affect your sex drive, why so many mothers lose desire, and ways to reclaim it
- how your sex life can survive despite limited time, energy, and privacy
- why single moms are entitled to great sex, and how to get it
- ten good reasons to talk to your kids about sex, and what to say
- how to model positive sexual behavior for your kids
- where to find the best resources on sex and parenting
About the Author
Anne Semans and Cathy Winks, authors of The New Good Vibrations Guide to Sex and The Woman's Guide to Sex on the Web, have spent fifteen years writing and speaking about sex. Both live in San Francisco.